My name is Katharina Gehrmann and I am licenced ("approbierte") child and adolescent psychotherapist . I grew up in Munich/Bavaria but do have familiar roots in Berlin and Stockholm as well.
Munich was the place of my academic studies, which included education, social psychology, child and adolescent psychiatry as well as medical education. My practical experience at that time included social work with adolescents with drug issues, after that training management (coordination and concepts) and then project management of international, cooperative scientific projects funded by the EU. In 2014 I returned to my interest in psychological work and I completed 5 years of qualification for child and adolescent therapy in Potsdam.
I've worked therapeutically with children an their families at the Charité Berlin (socio pediatric centre/SPZ), at the Legasthenie-Zentrum Berlin (psychotherapy as well as learning therapy) and in privat practice in Berlin-Kreuzberg.
I offer behaviour therapy ("Verhaltenstherapie") and further include systemic and bodyoriented perspectives and according theapeutic methodoloy.
"Art is (like) childhood: not being aware that the world already exists but... creating one!" (R. M. Rilke*).
This citation accompanies my professional life since quite a while: As to me it expresses vitality, creativity and strengths, that all together represent a wholesome, healthy being.
A child enters the world with an unobstructed view. In the course of development, children and adolescents meet obstacles, difficulties or even traumas - and might get stuck. It might even seem impossible to resolve the existing dynamics at some point; which again becomes very burdensome. All this might carry severe stress and psychological symptoms.
My therapeutical mindset and mission is: To bring burdensome dynamics into healthy flow again. To find the most suitalbe solution with the client and his or her family. To empower kids, adolescents - young adults and parents to have a strong self, able to create a meaningful life and to create a meaningful world.
Qualification and experiences
- 2023-2025: Somatic Experiencing (bodyoriented traumatherapy after Peter Levine)
- 2022-2023: EMDR-Trauma Curriculum for children and adolescents (Trauma Forum Berlin)
- 2022: EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitation and Reprocessing, EMDRIA Germany) 2020-2021: Bodynamic Foundation Training (body-psychotherapy)
- 2015-2019: Child and adolescent psychotheraypie (API Potsdam)
- 2021: Yoga Nidra
- 2018: Progressive muscle relaxation (API Potsdam)
- Adult education (Hochschule für Philosophie München)
- Education (M.A.), social psychology, child and adolescent psychiatry, medical education (Ludwigs-Maximilian-Universität München)
My work experience
- since 2019: Therapeutical privat practice for children, adolescents and young adults in Berlin-Kreuzberg
- 2018-2022: Psychotheray and learning therapy for children and adolescents (Legasthenie-Zentrum Berlin)
- 2015-2018: Several sit-ins at the „Interdisciplinary consultation hour for children and adolescents with transidentity“, Charitè Berlin
- 2015: Scientific assistant in the projects CHIMPS („Children of mentally ill parents“) and DSD-Life („Differences in sex development“), Charité Berlin
- 2011-2015: Project management in coordinative international scientific projects with EU funding (GABO:mi)
- 2007.2011: Training Concepts, Coordination and Sales (Integrata AG)
- 2005-2006: Working with adolescents with drug abuse (Condrobs e.V., Munich)
Psychotherapeutenkammer Berlin (PTK Berlin)